Monday, May 15, 2006

My apologies

Since I started this blog, I've never let 24 hours pass without posting something (shabbos not included) and I do apologize!! Thing is - nothing much is going on, you know? I mean, sure, the girl slept very well last night, bless her heart. And she pooped this morning too - oh, and this IS new: her father woke up from her crying in the other room! He's developing MommyRadar! (I shouldn't make fun of him, he's a totally perfect dad - I'm just searching for news!) And since then, the tochter (that's yiddish for daughter, in case any of you need remedial help there) has been eating and shloofing, and that's about it! It's 2 PM already, and she hasn't really done anything yet! The only reason she's not in her pajamas anymore is that we rushed out to get her birth certificate and Israeli passport done (she slept through her passport photo). Tomorrow IY"H Yoav is off of work because of Lag Baomer, so we'll take her to the American embassy in Tel Aviv and get her all registered there.

That means, of course, that means we'll have to make a final decision if she's getting an English name any different than 'Sarah Rochel.' If she had been a boy, and we had named her 'Tzvi' (which means deer), than I was going to push for Running Deer as her American name - Native American! And I really did want to name her for a Muppet, but have you noticed there are only like two women in the Muppet cast? You've got Miss Piggy (hardly a name for a nice Jewish girl) and Janice, oh, and let's not forget Camilla the chicken. Hardly any choices at all unless you go to Fraggles, and I didn't think I was ready to name her Mokey.

Okay, Prunella (or whatever her name is) is stirring. Enjoy these pictures from yesterday - we'll see if we can't get any more today.

5 comments:

Bilha said...

Too Funny. Aviella and I took our little ones to the Misrad Hapnim (in Pesagot) today also. Aviella had to do the little birth certificate thing. I had to get mine translated and we had to get new passports for everyone other than Tzali. Going to the embassy in Tel Aviv is also on our list. Are you sure they're open on Lag B'Omer. They get off even more than the school children. They don't work on Jewish or American holidays. I would doulble check. Make sure you bring every important piece of paper with you. Also, for the American passport, the picture of Sarah Rochel needs to be on a white background, she needs to have her eyes open and mouth closed and needs to be looking at the camera. Her head needs to be between 1 and 1 3/8 inches. I hope that you know all of the details that are involved in getting a new passport. If you need any advice, you can always call us, call the embassy or look in the Newcomers Guide. Good luck and keep us updated. Oh, I believe that you need the Israeli birth certificate to be translated into English and notarized. Yea, there's a lot to remember. I'm sure I left out like five other things that you should bring there or to before you get there. Oh well. I hope Yoav enjoys his day off.

Miriam the Mommy said...

Wow, they're open tomorrow (see http://israel.usembassy.gov/publish/mission/acs/holidays.html) but boy I didn't realize the dumb thing needs to get translated... sigh. Thanks so much!!

debsters said...

Gosh there you are I was starting to get all jittery waiting for my fix...

Faye Berman said...

You could go with Sesame street and name her Prarie Dawn!

brenderan said...

I've been keeping up with Miss SR, but too busy to write. (It's Brenda the Mommy here - BTW) Just couldn't pass up the opportunity to tell you that it took me three tries to get Jonathan's passport picture in Migdal HaEmek. He slept through the first try despite the fact that we took off all his clothes (except the diaper - and he was in such a cute outfit too!) in a futile effort to get him to WAKE UP!!! And then the store was closed on the second try and finally - third time's the charm - we got the cutest first picture that we ever had to pay for since the invention of digital photography! Isn't technology wonderful? We all get to watch from afar :)