Sunday, May 07, 2006

NEED a reminder

Could someone please remind my daughter she's supposed to be sleeping now?? She fell asleep on my lap - why oh why did she wake up when I moved her? Why oh why did the Carter's people make a mobile that has to be rewound every four minutes? Why oh why does she think 5:30 AM is time to start the day - when you only went to sleep at 2:30?!

Remember the old "Why ask why - try Bud Dry" advertising campaign? Is 7:30 AM really too early to start drinking beer? I'm southern - I think I can get away with it... (for me, not the daughter!! Although, hmm, maybe if she drank the beer... can you imagine if I call the bottle manufacturer and ask how many cc's of beer I should give at one feeding...) Methinks I'm rambling... methinks I've wound the mobile four times now, and girlfriend isn't sleeping, but she also isn't crying... of course, I'm approaching Total Mommy Tired (TMT - like TNT, only cause more damage)... I am now going to wind the mobile for the fifth time... oh bliss, we have half closed lids!! Over and out (boy am I out...)!

5 comments:

Faye Berman said...

Wow Mir,
I sincerely hope you got some sleep since this post. Hope all is well in Druyan-Ville

Miriam the Mommy said...

hee hee.. slept till noon!! And yet, now, that seems so far away... I feel so shallow, being obsessed with sleep and food. And yet - so is my daughter!

Faye Berman said...

Maybe one day I will be able to commiserate, IY"H. Do you need anything from the states?
p.s NOON????????? sheesh!

Miriam the Mommy said...

Amen!! And sure, slept till noon... but when I was sleeping from? Only like three hours previous!! B"H I think we don't need anything - the doting new g-parents are keeping us well stocked.

Faye Berman said...

ok does that mean i should not get the crochet hooks out?