Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Perfection, thy name art baby

Today I - for the first time ever - actually purchased clothing for my daughter! (Well, I haven't needed to before now!) Her wardrobe was deficient in long-sleeved onesies (I bought two), and a hat that wasn't totally doofy looking AND would stay on (picky picky), and she didn't have a single pair of frilly lace shabbos socks! So clearly I had to pick up a pair to wear to the wedding next week. Looks like she'll be wearing outfit #1, by popular demand. It's very pretty, but 100% polyester, which means that I can take it straight out of the washing machine (as I just did) and it's already dry. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I don't know why I'm still up, since my darling daughter is fast asleep. She is definitely changing, because her schedules and rhythyms are totally different in the last couple days then they were a week or two ago. For example, she went to sleep tonight at midnight - she had been up for five and a half hours, with only little catnaps of ten or fifteen minutes a couple times throughout. She finally got her bath (which is good, since she pooped again today (two days in a row!) so she probably could use the extra cleaning), and went to bed with nary a peep as soon as we put her down.

It will be very interesting to see what time she wakes up in the morning. Of course, I think it will be very interesting. If you're reading this blog, apparently you think it will be very interesting too. Maybe I won't tell you, just to prolong the suspense. Perhaps we can exploit this for my daughter's benefit. Hmm...

Support Sarah Rochel's Frilly Sock Habit! Want to find out the latest on the princess's movements? (yes, that was an intentional poop allusion) Call 1-900-BUTRCUP today! Just $15.99 for the first minute, $7.99 for each additional minute. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Diner's, and also dinner.

1 comment:

Faye Berman said...

yep, it's official, you have definitely lost whatever little bit of your mind you had left.