Saturday, May 13, 2006

Running on empty

Just when you think you have them figured out... maybe it's something about leil shabbos, cause come to think of it she did this last week... Suffice to say, Sarah Rochel wasn't in the mood to sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time until 3 AM on shabbos, and then she only slept till 6:30 AM. At the moment, she and her abba are passed out on the couch together - no idea how long that will last, but we're all exhausted! It could be that it's just the lack of nighttime routine that gets her. Friday nights she gets no bath, we don't turn off the lights in the living room, we don't wind up her mobile for her (or the Kermit that plays "Rainbow Connection"). Who knew a daughter of ours would actually crave regularity in her schedule?

So Yoav let me run away to the gym as soon as we ended shabbos, cause I needed a break. Whew.

As I type, she's a-stirring. So now we'll bathe her, and IY"H soon it will be dream time...

Updates
12:58 AM - first wind of mobile, sucking pacifier strong
1:03 AM - second wind of mobile, slowing down, half lidded...
1:07 AM - quiet, quiet...
1:09 AM - I'm still hearing the mobile in my head...
1:12 AM - continued quiet. Praise Hashem for all his kindnesses!! GOODNIGHT!!

2 comments:

Faye Berman said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Kermit that plays Rainbow Connection. I wonder if one of those would help me sleep? I am also up frequently in the middle of the night, but not for as good of a reason. *sigh* I miss you Mir, and can't wait to meet Sarah Rochel.

Miriam the Mommy said...

The Kermit was actually mine for years - I'm sharing it with my daughter. If she had been a boy, I wanted to name her Kermit, but strangely enough, Yoav wasn't so into that... Miss you too Neh!!