Sunday, May 21, 2006

Speak softly

Yoav was telling the shabbos guests a dvar torah yesterday, and he mentioned waking up at 3 AM to feed the baby. I said that it's been a LONG time since I needed to be up at 3 (which is true). Therefore, of course, punctually at the crack of 3, Prunella woke up to eat. From 3-3:15, eating. From 3:15-3:38, sleeping. 3:39 - time to eat again! Okay, guess we didn't get enough the first time, just fatigue overcame us.

This morning we had another important milestone: baby's first big booger! (That's right, this blog is an equal opportunity bodily function exploiter - it's not just about poop!) She sneezed and there it was. We're so proud!

Currently we're having our first real play date, since I'm babysitting a friend's 9 week old for a few minutes. The two ladies are sleeping next to each other in their little Graco car seats, with their matching John Lennon pacifiers (except both of them have spit them out). Awwww.

3 comments:

Faye Berman said...

Ok you are weird. That is not in response to this post or anything, you just are. I am sorry you were up at 3. If it makes you feel any better so was I. Why Prunella? There are so many more interesting names. Anyway, hope you have a great week.

Miriam the Mommy said...

Why Prunella? My mother often calls me Prunella Snodgrass - dunno where it comes from.

And neh, have a great week yourself - thoust deserves it!!

Faye Berman said...

Snodgrass? I see. My father often used to tell me (before I was in the Parsha) that I was going to marry someone named Sheldon Dweebfarb........ I guess it is the same sort of thing. I would like to have a good week, however, so far it is not looking great, but who knows.... Tomorrow will IY"H be better.