Thursday, May 25, 2006

Those crazy Druyans

Yoav and I are sitting here at 12:30 in the morning, typing away on our respective computers (I'm blogging and logging my daughter's schedule today, and he's preparing his worksheets for tomorrow morning), eating leftover gazpacho from shabbos (doesn't everyone have dinner at this hour?) and taking turns popping into the tochter's room to remind her sleep is a lot more refreshing when you stop crying. Usually she goes down for the night (in contrast to how she goes for a nap) very solidly, and we don't have to keep going back in there. But the first rule of babies is that they have no rules - or so we seem to be learning.

She is really growing up though. During her bath tonight I was sticking my tongue out at her, and she totally mimicked me and stuck hers out too, like really stuck it out, not just a little peep of tongue tip. She's learning so much so fast! We're starting trig tomorrow.

Kid hasn't cried for the last five minutes - bli ayin hara, I think we may be down for the count. Goodnight everyone - I'm off to bed as soon as I finish Yoav's gazpacho for him.

3 comments:

Faye Berman said...

I just want you to know that your blog makes me smile. I try to check it at least once a day. Thanks for making me smile (which i do a lot less than I used to)
Missing you!

Miriam the Mommy said...

It's my pleasure!! Miss you too... wait, didn't we already sing "Someday"??

I'd love to increase your smile quotient on a more permanent basis. Didn't I offer before for you to move here and be my daughter's ganenet? Morah Faye!!

Faye Berman said...

sadly, I think teaching is not for me. Plus, frankly, no one can pay me what I am worth! Teehee!