Thursday, May 11, 2006

You talking to me?

Sorry, I just thought that was the perfect caption for the picture.

I'm currently very into this website, www.lyricsbox.com. Since it's sfira, and so we can't play any music, and since I seem to spend a large chunk of the day singing to the darling child, it's very useful to look up songs to sing there, songs from our ancient history that still rattle around our brains (especially at 3 AM, which is often when we're singing them!). For example, I had forgotten all the words to "Don't Worry Be Happy," a song my daughter particularly enjoys. Also all the words to "Teach Your Children" (CSN), Billy Joel's "Tell Her About It," Simon and Garfunkel stuff, etc, etc. This is of course not including the countless Beatles songs the child hears. We sing her lots of Jewish stuff too (singing her goyish songs is mildly ironic, since we don't really have any of this in the house). And what would her education be without Shlock Rock? All the same, we're looking forward to Lag Baomer! It's Pesach Sheni tonight, so we're almost there...

Speaking of websites, I'm about to make an order at www.jpeterman.com... ah, joy, rapture, the bliss of it all! My grandmother's gift to us on the occasion of the baby being born was that I buy something for myself... Okay, she talked me into it!

In further daughter news, we had two lovely poops today, right on schedule (those who would like detailed accounts of color, runniness, quantity, etc, are welcome to email me directly - I will, however, try to spare the general public the messy particulars). We also starting giving her acidophilus, on the recommendation of her chiropractor, to try to improve her little digestive system, reduce gas, etc. Bli ayin hara the chiropractic treatments really do seem to have helped with her gassiness (or she's just growing out of it, but we can't know which it is!).

3 comments:

Faye Berman said...

the coolness of Shlock Rock should never be estimated!

Miriam the Mommy said...

you meant UNDERestimated, right??

Faye Berman said...

clearly! I was tired, I guess. Or I just can't type.. either way, I was wrong, and you were, as always, right!