Monday, May 22, 2006

Your opinion matters!

Adorable, simply adorable! Do you know what she did last night? She put herself to bed for the night! No bath, no massage, nothing. At 7 PM she ate, then played so nicely for almost two hours, then ate some more, but resisted taking the nap she then so desperately needed. Finally, in her stroller, she fell asleep - at 10 PM. We figured she'd nap for an hour or so, then wake up, and we'd give her a bath and most likely would have to be up with her until 1 AM. But nope - she was soundly sleeping! Bless her little belly button.

I did, at 12:30 AM, feed her, using what The Baby Whisperer calls a "dream feed," wherein you try to feed the kiddo in mid-sleep so they will sleep longer, i.e. will have enough calories to make it until what you deem is a decent hour. So I just picked her up and brought her to the food. She ate some, not very vigourously, and I put her down in her crib. She slept until 5:30 AM! Then she napped again from 7 to 9 (as did I, whew!), and now at 11:00 she's just gone to sleep again. Sleep is such a great yumminess, yes?

Okay, now the important part. In a week or so, Yoav's cousin is getting married (okay, it's his cousin's cousin, but whatever, it's mishpucha). The question of course: what to wear?!?! So we have three choices. All have matching tushy covers (I know you were worried). #1 has a matching overcoat and hat. All will need some kind of white shirt underneath, unless it's mamish shmaltzing hot that day, which I doubt.

How to vote: please click on the icon below to leave a comment, and lemme know which - #1, 2 or 3 above - is the good and proper choice! These weighty decisions of motherhood are too important to be done alone. I need your help!

11 comments:

Bilha said...

Miriam dear, you are too funny. Did you ever get the presents we sent? Sorry that I haven't checked the blog in a while. I'm a little sad that you guys got the American passport taken care of since we're going this week and it would have been lots of fun to see you guys there. Tell me, did you need an appointment. My mother insists that we should make one. Any other pointers? I know, don't get there exactly at 11. BTW, did you guys book your tickets yet? When are you going and with which airlines? We hope to see you soon.

Debbie said...

Number One. Definitely. And I can't believe she let you switch her in and out of 3 outfits without freaking out. Zot.

Miriam the Mommy said...

She didn't - we just laid them on top of her. Zot zot!

Sabba said...

I like #1 and #3. The #1 off the shoulder style is kind of alluring.

Faye Berman said...

I like the first one. I imagine you will be fine without the overcoat and hat (which i bet she will not tolerate) Hope all is well in the Holy Land

Anonymous said...

Its a hard call between 1 and 3...but i think i would choose 1....

mazel tov!

Rebecca Schochet

Anonymous said...

definetly #1! #2 is too boring and #3 looks like a prom dress. :)
She is getting cuter every day!

Luv,
Bracha Berman
(your "anytime" babysitter, if Elior doesn't need me first! :))

Anonymous said...

The Bubby says, beibg only slightly prejudiced, #1, of course. I can't believe how close she is to fitting into it. Don't forget to have her wear a coordinating bib untill the last minute since as you know, I don't leak, she leaks. Love you all and the blog. MOM

Miriam the Mommy said...

Goodness, what's wrong with looking like she's wearing a prom dress??

I just noticed - #3 comes with a BONNET as well. They're all so cute I may have to change her clothes halfway through...

But it definitely looks like #1 is winning. What, I'm going to disagree with my own mother? Sets a bad familial precedent!

Naomi said...

Mir!! You are hilarious - this blog is actually my comic relief at the end of the day! Ok, #1 is definitely it...but you could bring the others along and just change her hourly...like a fashion show...keeps things interesting!

Sora said...

definetly go for number #1 and bring along #3 in case of accidents.