Tuesday, June 06, 2006

25% is perfect!

We went to our doctor today, since I needed a prescription (aside: this is why I LOVE having a GP as a doctor, rather than a pediatrician for her and a grown up doctor for me - one stop shopping!). While we were there, we weighed the girl child, and she is absolutely without fail climbing the weight chart steadily on the 25th percentile growth curve! So she's doing fine, just isn't a big old chubbo. She is still highly, highly edible, however.

New words of wisdom: never put food into the oven and then sit down in comfy reclining chair to feed the baby. Good thing my sense of smell was acute enough to wake me up...!

BOOGIE UPDATE: I put Prunella down on her mat to play while I eat and blog. She hasn't rolled over, but she has managed to wiggle adequately so that she is now lying a full 90 degrees apart from where I put her down! Rolling over can't be far away, and after that - college!

8 comments:

Faye Berman said...

I learned from my friend's son, that wiggling preceeds rolling over, which preceeds slithering all over the floor on your belly, prompting mommy to not leave anything on the floor ever! Also prompting the friend with no kids (me) to suggest that they should make baby pajamas out of swiffer material, it would be more cost effective!

Bilha said...

So fun that she's wiggling. Miriam is also up to the same thing. Although it is very exciting, it does mean that you need to pad the floor more. This was easy with Betzalel because he was doing this in winter but I just don't see us putting down an area rug in the summer. What do you think? It's very exciting to see the little ones moving about. Wait til SR starts to arch her back and turn onto her side. Then you'll be sitting by that mat and cheering her on. Go Sarah Rachel!

Miriam the Mommy said...

Faye, can we patent that idea and make you rich? Only problem - some paranoid parents would probably object to dipping the baby in mop water...

Bilha, I think I know what all that wiggling was from, as I'm about to blog...

Faye Berman said...

I am not saying that you dip the baby in mop water, I am saying use it like a swiffer dry cloth. yha know slightly electro static, so it picks up dust.............

Miriam the Mommy said...

Yes, but the mop water was funnier.

Faye Berman said...

u r weird

Miriam the Mommy said...

Well, DUH!

Faye Berman said...

NEH! (that is my editorial comment)