Monday, June 12, 2006

I take it back!

I'm sorry, but my daughter's pooping habits do continue to provide the most facinating fodder for this forum! The charming little sneaky one pooped while we were down the block at a friend's (aside: at what age does the poop stop coming out with such a very distinctive sound? I know they eventually grow out of it - I just wanna know when!), so we carefully layed a paper towel in the stroller and came on home, where I cleaned her up and popped her in the tubby. She starts splashing all around, merry as can be, when many bubbles erupt in the water (don't you love all this detail?). So I say to my daughter, "daughter, if you poop now, I'm going to have to have very strong words with you!" Did I mention that I had broken the don't-bathe-the-daughter-with-dirty-dishes-in-the-sink rule? (For those of you who don't understand why, it's because her tub is positioned to drain over the fleishig sink. Oh. Ewwww....)

Naturally, she poops in the bath. Sigh. And she keeps splashing and then starts sucking on her fingers. Let's not dwell on that aspect too much, blech.

So, get all the dirty dishes out of the sink (they weren't really dirty, I had washed all of them earlier in the day but hadn't gotten to rinse them yet - I tend to have a progression of half-finished tasks all over the house these days). Proceed with emptying tub, rinsing, refilling, etc, etc.

Anyway, she's sleeping now, a little early for her but she didn't sleep much at all this afternoon. Here is a picture of little miss angelica sleeping from earlier, though (aww).

Today we were fairly productive, making dinner for a friend who just moved and changing the Brita filter (once a year, whether we need it or not!), and returning some borrowed maternity clothes (but, alas, not all of them, although I at least set them aside to wash apropo to returning them!). Tomorrow we're going to Bnei Brak (!) for a bris. I've never been to Bnei Brak, and I'm driving. Oh dear. Hope they save some food for me... I LOVE having shnitzel for breakfast...

3 comments:

Faye Berman said...

Ok, that is one thing that I like about the states. Brisim should be milchig before a certain time. The thought of fleishigs at 7 am is just icky.

debbie said...

ewwwww you empty poopy bath into the fleishik sink? kinda makes me think twice about eating at the druyans ever again. but it's probably worth it.

Miriam the Mommy said...

Deb, don't worry - her bath is rarely yad soledes bo.