Monday, June 05, 2006

Quiet time

She went to sleep last night at 12:30 AM or so... around 5:40 I woke up and she was chirping a little, barely dorsaling but as long as I was up I picked her up and fed her. Then she went back to sleep. At 8:45 or so I woke up again - again, chirping a bit in her sleep. So I got up, did my ablutions - still asleep. So I got my Cheerios, ate them, read my comics online - still asleep. Read some more drivel online - still asleep. It's 9:49 AM now, and I'm tiptoeing in to check on her... she's shloofing away! I love my thoughtful daughter, who breathes loudly enough to reassure me. But I guess she's really tired, or about to grow, or about to poop over all of creation. Well, as long as she's happy!

So I actually don't know what to do now. I'm so used to building my day around her, fitting things in when she lets me, so that now - when her day hasn't started yet - I don't know how to start mine!!

I guess I could conceivably get out of pajamas before she does... and there's no rule that laundry and dishwashing only happen during afternoon naps... If I were SuperDomesticGoddessUno I would probably toss some stuff into the crockpot now for dinner tonight, except that, a) no ingredients in the house, b) inevitably, the second I got my hand in the raw chicken or whatever a hysterical cry would come from her bedroom.

I think that's really it - I'm afraid to start any project, because I expect her to wake up at any moment. And that is why we have the internet, to distract us from doing all the things we could otherwise be doing while we wait for other distractions to show up. Glad we sorted that out!

No comments: