Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sleepy

As long as you can laugh at things, you're doing alright, right?

Last night I went to check on her at 2 AM, and poof, she was awake. So I figured, rather than wait for her to wake up at 5 AM or so, just feed her now so I can get her to sleep later. Well, she ate and fell back asleep very nicely, and so I expected to sleep until 7:30, maybe, maybe even later... Which is why, when I heard her crying at 5 AM, my still-asleep brain concluded it wasn't Sarah Rochel asking to be fed, but the tour group she was leading, who were all clamoring for breakfast at the group rate (creative, huh?). This dellusion lasted until several minutes into the feeding (which, by the way, wasn't comfortable for me (I was too asleep to help her eat properly) but I attributed the discomfort to the fact that it was a group eating), when I tried to put her down in her crib cause hey, the tour group needed to move on to the next stop.

Fortunately, I then woke up enough to have a brain, picked her up and finished feeding her. I'm a whack-job, no doubt about it.

She went back into her crib wide awake and happy. So I strategically put her inchworm on her tummy where she can bop it with her hands, turned on her mobile, even inserted her cork (note: she barely sucks on the pacifier anymore, I usually hear it pop outa her mouth before I make it to the door), and walked away. Then did it again. And again. And now, at 6:22 AM, it's been quiet, so hopefully she's back asleep. And hopefully, next time she wakes, I won't think she's leading a posse of Japanese tourists through Disneyworld, all wearing identical 'I [heart] Israel' kibbutz hats.


Man, I'm groggy...

(6:27 AM - those are sleeping noises, right? Maybe she's dreaming about the lightbulb... I'm just going to believe those are happy sleeping noises, happy little pink and blue sleeping noises of sugar and cinnamon...)

2 comments:

Yitz/Yaffa said...

Yay, the inchworm's famous! Great blog. You can check ours out at bergerkingdom.blogspot.com.

Miriam the Mommy said...

Don't think you're not getting a thank you note for it! She's just a little behind with her handwriting...