Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Does it quack?

I know I mentioned it already, but I am SO proud of my daughter's ability to suck on her own feet. Flexibility is a very important trait in life.

Kudos to Doonesbury, whose strip today was so call-'em-like-you-see-'em that I must reproduce it at the bottom of this entry (click it to make it readable, sorry 'bout that).

We went to the doctor today (I can't get enough of these free doctor visits), and she assured us that contrary to what the well-baby nurse said, letting the kiddo stand (supported by us, of course) will not make her bowlegged (What to Expect the First Year agrees with the doc). So when she's not in a pretzel, she's standing!

And now, for your musical pleasure in these days of no music (yes, it made sense, trust me), behold the latest TochterTune, to the music of "The Lady is a Tramp" (your mother should know):

She gets too hungry for dinner at 8
Sometimes she's kvetchy and then we come late
She doesn't even know how to hate
... that's why my baby is a champ!
She doesn't yet have her own golden curls
She is the cutest of all of them girls
Her toothless smile's more precious than pearls
... that's why my baby is a champ!

3 comments:

Faye Berman said...

I know the tune of that song. You are too cute! That Doonesbury is classic. I dunno if you are a Tom Lehrer fan or not, but his song National Brotherhood Week is particularly accurate now.

Miriam the Mommy said...

Where can I find it? I'm not holding.

Faye Berman said...

i have it i will try to send it to you...... btw: wanna buy a duck?