Sunday, July 02, 2006

Dream dream dream...

Gut voch everyone! We are going to the doctor tomorrow (aside: I LOVE socialized medicine, where I can take the tochter to the doc as many times as I like and it's free free free!! All paranoid first time mothers should be so lucky!) because the girlchild is just sleeping up a storm, and frankly, we're weirded out.

It's 12:30 AM now - she's essentially (with some breaks for food) been sleeping since 6 PM. Of course, you realize now she's more awake than she's been since then too, and is currently alligator wrestling with her inchworm in her cribby (another aside: a 'crib' sounds almost punitive, while a 'cribby' sounds yummy and cozy).

She has also learned to suck on her bottom lip, which is very cute, and seems to have replaced her fingers in her affections.

12:43 AM - yup, she's up and in my arms. None of the baby books deal with what it means when a baby starts sleeping A TON (Yoav says that's because no one complains), so we'll see what the doc says tomorrow...

2:34 AM - we have eaten and played (more rolling over!) and bathed and while she was in the bath, she started rubbing her eyes and being subdued, as if to say, "Gosh, I really wouldn't mind going to sleep soon." So we got out of the bath and got dressed and ate... well, when I say "ate" it's more like "I let Mommy act like she was feeding me but really I was doing my best to flail all my limbs and move in such a way that I would consume as little as possible." And then into bed. Pacifier. Walk away. Wait a minute - crying, back in, reinsert pacifier, soothe, walk away. Wait a couple minutes, crying, repacify. And shortly thereafter, repeat, repeat, eat some more, repeat, repeat. And so now, she's in her stroller with me rocking and blogging. She just yawned - she's acting in every way like she wants to sleep, but no dice!

Man, she's trying to roll over in her stroller. She was doing the same in the bathtub. Let's go back to the cribby!

3:26 AM - I had to wake up Yoav because I couldn't handle it. Seemed like she was hungry, but that eating was uncomfortable. Sore throat? Teething? No idea. But she's out now - fell asleep crying in Abba's arms - and hopefully, hopefully, she'll feel better in the morning (wait - it IS the morning!).

3 comments:

Faye Berman said...

ok,
had phenomenally weird dream involving you, me and Sharfmans. weird, totally weird. Will have to explain someday.

Miriam the Mommy said...

Definitely looking forward to that one!

Faye Berman said...

Totally odd.........