Wednesday, July 19, 2006

More amazing stuff

So after a great morning where I napped from 10:30-noon while Yoav watched the babe (I had this freaky dream about eating fried chicken at my Aunt Lisa's house - anyway), we had a fun day of puttering around, visiting with friends who came over, and working in the garden. Speaking of which, our bougainvillea is blooming, and the lemon tree we tried to kill is coming back nicely (amazing what water can do!). So the toch and I bought some new plants today! My upstairs neighbor who studied horticulture in college asked what we bought. I said - green ones with purple flowers! Well, it's just too much trouble to ask the nursery guy what the plants are called in Hebrew and then find out the English equivalent for a plant that very well mightn't exist in the USA... whatever!

Anyway - here's the princess in her denim dress (thanks D!). Can you see the impressive border of dampness around the whole top? Savta thinks Pumpernickle is teething - could be, since she's drooling up a storm AND has been sucking her fingers frantically, and she's been eating a little fussily too. My daughter really is advanced!

Okay, now HOW funny is that George Bush outtake? I've watched it on cnn.com multiple times... does my heart good...

Lastly, a guest contributor (the same one I wouldn't name before) provides the following true, recent example of how God Really Runs the World (and he loves us):

I’m not sure I have all the details correct, but I believe it goes something like this: A summer camp program was supposed to spend Shabbos in Tzefat. But in light of the 'matzav' [situation - a common euphamism for "the fact that a whole lotta people keep trying to kill us." -ed.], they went to the Kinar Hotel instead [on the east side of the Kineret - ed.]. As a result, at the last minute, the Kinar had a lot more guests than expected, so they called a chef who lives in Teveria and asked him to come with his family to the hotel for Shabbos. And over Shabbos, the chef’s house was leveled by a katyusha rocket...

Goodnight, everyone, and may we wake up to a more peaceful morning.

2 comments:

Faye Berman said...

The diaper cover looks big. Adorable overall outfit tho!

Miriam the Mommy said...

The diaper cover is built in - it's a one piece! And I think so too... don't tell the beis yaakovs...