Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Nothing

We did nothing today. Not a thing. Diddly squat. Okay, fine, we walked down to the merkaz... bought nothing, did nothing. Oh, fine, I went to the toy store and looked at all the age appropriate toys for my daughter, and now see quite clearly why I have to go back to work - that or rob a bank. But she clearly needs ALL of them!

So, nothing. Oh, fine, we did laundry (last chance before the 9 days!) as evidenced in these lovely pictures of the daughter helping me out. And Sarah Rochel continued to practice grabbing at her feet, and even sucked on her big toe for a bit without me helping her out. Oh, and she rolled over again, this time on my bed, which is the first time she did a full roll on a non-firm surface. And at bathtime she tolerated sitting in her little bath chair again, which made it a heck of a lot easier to bathe her, lemme tell ya.

Her cradle cap (go on, say cadle crap, you know you want to) was starting to irk me (I think it's cradle cap, anyway - it's just under her hair on top, and since it's essentially the same color as her hair it reminds me of GLH, remember this? I LOVE infomercials!). So during her bath I rubbed some olive oil on it (my little baby of the Mediterranean), and started gently scraping it off with my fingernails. Yeah. Right. I'm scraping bits of my baby off. Uh-huh. Little wierd. Well, anyway, it came off, even though I didn't let it soak for any amount of time. Being a mommy is occasionally a little grody, ya know?

We took some naps and we ate some meals and we're asleep now, right on time. Okay, but really, we did nothing today.

Looking forward to doing it again tomorrow!! Oh, well, actually we're going back to the doc tomorrow, to get our medical insurance for the big trip, to get various prescriptions (more anti-flatulence stuff, whoo hoo!), and to ask if I'm allowed to use any of the "natural" remedies on my daughter to make her mellow during flight. Goodnight!

5 comments:

R2K said...

: )

Miriam the Mommy said...

Who was that guy?

Faye Berman said...

Mir,
If it makes you feel better, my mother used to use olive oil in my hair and it made the psoriasis better.

Miriam the Mommy said...

Better than butter and garlic! I feel so Molto Mario.

Faye Berman said...

you are weird, but I am sure I am not the first person to tell you that!