Monday, July 03, 2006

She's a perfect, er, 5

We went to the doctor today, who checked out the tochter fully and said she looks happy and alert and gorgeous (all true, bli ayin hara) and if she's sleeping more all of a sudden - enjoy it!

So we are! We had to wake her to take to the doctor this morning, and then around 8 PM when she otherwise would have gone back to sleep after eating, we gently prompted her to stay up and play. Perhaps thusly her sleeping will be recentered around actual nighttime (and we can avoid last night's 3 AM scene). So she went to sleep around 11:30 PM, and we'll see what happens next!

At the doc's, we got weighed... 5 kilo. That's just over 11 pounds for you American types. It could be higher, yes indeed. She's still on the happy little 25% curve... um, barely. But as the doc says, she really is healthy looking and developing wonderfully (bli ayin hara again) so we're not concerned.

That's my girl - off the charts!

I was playing with babe-o today, and I turn to Yoav and say, "Do you believe we really have a baby?"

"Well, she's here!"

"I know, I know, but because she doesn't talk yet or whatever, I feel like it's not so much that we have a baby, but a really cool toy. Like a real major purchase, like a car or something, except we talk about it with everyone.... Hmm, I have to blog that."

"Are you sure you want to blog that you think our baby is a car?"

Yeah, well, anyway. :) It really is still somewhat surreal, despite the diapers and the feedings and the room full of small pink clothing and endless shopping for strollers and pumps and so on. And since I'm not working now, it's like all the Sunday days off that we don't get here in Israel have come at once!


Caption: Look - I'm babysitting Abba!

4 comments:

tzipporah rabinowicz said...

Hi guys i miss you all so much wow sarah rochel is getting cuter and cuter by the day!!!! speak to you soon

bilha said...

I love that last comment about the Sundays. We know exactly how you feel. Love the picture and the caption! I don't think that you've ever taken a picture of her wearing the same thing twice. Wow. I'm impressed. Enjoy her (and once she starts to babble and spit all over you and smile and laugh in reaction to your voice you'll realize that it's real-At that point you will also probably be getting more sleep ;-) )

Miriam the Mommy said...

Oh, she's a babbler and smiler already, bless her heart. Like I said, she's a REALLY good toy!

Faye Berman said...

I don't think it is babysitting if it is her own Abba. Now if she were watching someone else's Abba that would be a different story!