Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sleepy

I'm sleepy. Yoav's sleepy. And - blissfully - so is the tochter. She went down tonight at 11 (that's right - asleep at a PM time!!!) so naturally now at 1 AM I'm still up... nuts.

Here's a highly jovial bath picture, and a nice little shloofy shot. Goodnight!



2:45 AM addendum: She woke up crying at 2, and fortunately Yoav got up with me, because for only the second time in her life she had pooped in her crib in the middle of the night! So we changed her together as she screamed about the light being on and the wipes being cold and being hungry and sleepy and the war and who knows what else. Now I'm sitting here typing (as opposed to going back to sleep) since she hasn't quite gone back to sleep yet. She fell asleep in my arms but woke up once she got back into the cribby... twice. She was thunking a bit too. So I'm giving her a couple more minutes...

2:55 AM: Busy busy! Go in to the Buttershnitz, she's writhing a little, poor baby. Gassy shabbos food? Getting the gas medicine out, and Yoav's beeper goes off. Give her the gas medicine, go into the room, read the pager and tell Yoav to go back to sleep (I don't think he coulda gone if he wanted to). Back to the girl, reinsert pacifier, shh shh, go to wash the gas medicine dropper. Back to my room for the beeper going off again, tell Yoav he still doesn't have to go (Yoav's beeper is still getting the pages for the ambulance since shabbos, when he was on call). Back to Prunella who, all medicated and sleepy, gives me a baleful stare from under her pacifier and blanket. So I've put both my babies to bed. Back to the blog. And...

2:58 AM: She's still dorsaling, or rather, her blanket is. I quietly go to check email... nothing! (What, no one wrote me at this hour?)

3:05 AM: Okay, she CLEARLY needs this potty seat. (I love shopping at 3 AM!).

3:08 AM: Ooooh, the Fisher-Price people are SO not dumb, because they have this handy-dandy site (with options to make the text really big!) for grandparents to learn what they need to buy for the baby. (When they say, "these products have been specially selected for grandparents!" read "these products make us a higher profit margin than others!")

3:16 AM: Now that I'm the perfect grandparent, I go in to my daughter's room, peel the blanket back from her sleeping face, and I'm off to bed! Goodnight! Again! Sheesh!

5 comments:

Faye Berman said...

Well, it is clearly never boring where you live......

Miriam the Mommy said...

nope, especially since it's 5:36 AM now... and we've been up since 4!!

Faye Berman said...

Oh you poor thing. I hope she settles down and you are able to catch a mid-morning nap. Here it is midnight, and I should be out considering that I actually took pain meds, but I can't seem to settle. When are you coming to the states. We should schedule a phone conversation since I am not going to be able to get to NY (or Houston).

Bilha said...

I'm surprised that there hasn't been any new info since motzei Shabbos. Is everything okay in RBS?

rebecca said...

hey mir....its been sometime since i commented on the famous blog of the tochter. just wanted to say HHHIIII! remind me when you guys are coming to the hayliga US of A?

rebecca