Monday, July 17, 2006

Two miracles

I know I just blogged, but two more things:

1) I wanted to add this close up of my daughter's double chin. One of my friends, every time she sees the kiddo, says "It's not every day you can say hello to a miracle." And it's so.

2) Since - let's call a tragic horrible spade a tragic horrible spade - we're frankly at war now, do you all realize the enormity of this line in so many news reports: "X number of missiles fell in Y today; there were no reported injuries." ?

Remember all the amazing stories when the World Trade Center was hit, that this person was unavoidably late for work, this one was home sick, this one took the wrong train, and so on? Unfortunately people have died from the attacks, and I do not mean to lighten the impact of their loss. However, the fact that so many have been spared - does anyone doubt that this is a land where indeed Hashem is coordinating every detail? I always have - and will continue to - feel safer here than anywhere else.

That said, don't worry guys. We're being careful.

2 comments:

Faye Berman said...

She definitely looks like she has gained some weight. What a cutie. Please continue to blog so we know that you are all doing fine. I guess it is time to step up the Tfilos and Tehillim.

Aunt Lisa said...

We've got this "pray continuously" thing down pat. It was wonderful hearing your former prime minister say of the Hezbollah, "They will lose because they are wrong" It is with that assurance that I pray. As for the beautiful Lady Sarah, I will share with you my favorite baby poem that I set to music for a lullaby. "Scrubbing and cleaning can wait 'til tomorrow. For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies wont keep!" We love you.