Thursday, September 14, 2006

Affirmation

The upshot of all this is Tochter is really, really happy to see me when I pick her up. After all, having children is all about ego fulfillment, right? Right?

Of course, today when we picked her up (Yoav teaches in J-town Thursday morns), she was fast asleep in a playpen there. She slept from 1-3:15 PM (!), after having been up since I dropped her off! So, no more nap until bedtime, and B"H she went down at 8 with no problem.

One could get used to the reliability of having a schedule. However, I suspect that one could not enjoy having to wake up at 6 AM on the weekends, which is what I expect will happen for the next two days (sigh). What can you do?

Rosh Hashana is coming and I am in even worse denial than usual. My usual denial is because work, housekeeping (um, what there is of it), etc, all keep me from "feeling" the holiday is coming. It's the I-have-to-cook-I-can't-focus-on-my-soul issue. Well, the I-have-to-be-with-the-kid-I-can't-focus-on-cooking-soul-what-soul? issue is even worse! I don't even know if I'm going to get to shul on the high holies. Time (and Sarah Rochel) will tell...

The princess is so ready to crawl. Lately she lays on her tummy a lot, just swimming in the air, flailing arms and legs waiting for a wave to move her ahead. Adorable, but a wee bit frustrating for her. That's one of the things I like the most about her day care situation, that she is with other children of various ages, and thusly will see them crawl, and, at a undoubtedly advanced pace (corresponding to her precocious charm and good looks), will follow along accordingly, we hope! (Sorry, I was just sticking commas and phrases into that sentence because I could. Long day.)

Caption for this picture? "Mom, I know you love everything at Ikea, but can I have a normal potty to learn on, please???"

Good shabbos to all, if I don't get to you again tomorrow. There is a concept of, the last shabbos before Rosh Hashana (darn, there she goes with the commas again), being ready for shabbos a full couple of hours early, in order to make up (as it were) for all those shabbosim where you rushed in in the nick of sunset. Not to light candles early, but just to be ready and to start the day in tranquility. Well... it's something to aspire to!

No comments: