Monday, September 11, 2006

Hiding

I just played the most hysterical game of hide-and-go-seek with my
daughter. You might call it "Inverse Peekaboo." I was tiptoeing up to
her crib to check and see if she was just quiet or asleep, when all of a
sudden she raises her head (she had been tummy down). I immediately drop
to my knees next to the crib, lest she see me. I then hold my breath as
I listen to hers on the other side of the crib bumper. I am watching her
through a tiny crack in the bedding. She gets quieter, breathing
regulates, I inch upwards - and boom, she jerks again, and I'm back on
the floor!

It was really quite fun, and I'd enjoy it even more if it weren't
midnight!

She's now curled up against the bumper in the crib, poster child for the
'why you shouldn't have bumpers in cribs' people, no doubt. I'll just go
inch her away from the side - goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for the message I didn't hear it until it was too late to call. My e-mail is brachab@hotmail.com. She is just too cute!!! :)-Bracha