Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Look, Ma! No cavities!


I went to the dentist today. Despite doomsaying by fellow veterans of pregnancies, the gestation of Her Highness did not result in any cavities - hurrah! However, the dentist did say my gums apparently bore the brunt of the pregnancy. Ouch. So we had a most thorough cleaning, and if you look carefully at this little family photo, you can see my little inflamed gumline (but no plaque!).

The girl went to the metapelet today, did wonderfully there... and threw up when we got home. But she is recovering. She ate more normally today (hurrah again!) and even went to sleep like a normal baby, which is to say, it took us an hour to knock her out! But out she is, and out I must be... goodnight!

3 comments:

bilha said...

I also just went to the dentist (after not having gone for two years-since we made aliya.) I had the same thing as you. My dentist gave me this new treatment which you rub on your gums. It works great. In minutes the swelling goes down. You should ask about it. And yes it's safe for nursing moms. I'm so sad to hear all about SR's puking. I hope she feels better soon. I would take her to the doc and have it checked out but if she's smiling and acting normal then don't get too worried. Good luck! Cut pic by the way.

bilha said...

I meant cute pic.

Miriam the Mommy said...

Thanks!! B"H my gums are much better now - they were just traumatized by cleaning... And the girl is better too, thank God! We had taken her to the doc when it started, and he said she was perfectly healthy... hmmm...