Monday, September 18, 2006

Singing the 'Unpredictable' song again

She's such a smoonch, we don't really care that she changes her mind on a daily basis. And despite averaging 5-6 hours of sleep a night lately, I am still functional, so who can complain?

That said, it's 8:45 PM now, and if I'm not in bed in an hour, then I'll know why! (Well, duh. Who else would know why, if not me?)

The metapelet keeps telling me how smart and great and "into everything" my daughter is (bli ayin hara). I actually asked Yoav if it scares him how totally wonderful the tochter is. He said - no. Oh.

Every day she can do a little more, makes a new noise, adds a modicum of pudge to her burgeoning pulkas, and in general just gets better and better. Sigh. I wish all you loyal readers of the blog were here with me... and not just because maybe you could be the one waking up at 5:30 AM with her.

She went to sleep early tonight, though, at 7:15 PM! I was getting her bath stuff together, and she went from perky to pooped in moments flat. So rather than allow her a nap... I rushed her into pajamas (no bath - just wiped her down), fed her, sang to her, and plopped her in the crib. Out like a light! Around a half hour later (her naps are usually a half hour long), she starts stirring and kvetching, but still has her eyes closed. It was as if her body was saying that it would wake up, since it ain't bedtime yet... but Mommy, I'm soooo tired!! So she tossed and turned a bit. I replugged her, made soothing noises... and B"H, she's still out. Holding a good thought!

3 comments:

Faye Berman said...

I just wanted to wish you a K'Siva v'Chasima Tova. Hope that the new year brings you Bracha and Hatzlacha!
Miss you

Miriam the Mommy said...

Amen!! And to you too - this year should see you on your own two feet, and preferably, holding hands with someone else's feet (um, you know what I meant!!).

Neh!

Miss you too!

Faye Berman said...

Amen Selah!!!!!!!