Wednesday, October 18, 2006

To sleep perchance to heal

I'm getting sick. That's why I'm so out of it and there's less milk, too. Booger.

Anyway, the girl slept little today, until her 2.5 hour (!) nap at 5:30 PM! We thought she was out for the night, but she desperately needed a bath, so when she woke up to eat we encouraged her to wake up fully... She got her bath, got fed... and then needed lots of extra soothing to fall asleep (what finally worked was my little 'Silent Night' ditty - different words, of course).

Sniffle. Cough. Blech.

She needed a bath so much because, a) now that she crawls she gets mondo dirty on the floor at the metapelet (our floors are of course immaculate, that is to say, Pumpkinbrain already licked them clean), b) today I let her play in the little pebbles at the park for the first time! She didn't even try to eat them, which was interesting, but she definitely liked them. And they were definitely filthy.

Here's a picture of her from her nap. She totally sleeps like I did the entire pregnancy (and pretty much still do), namely on her side (she prefers her left, like me) all wrapped around a pillow / blanket. I guess she absorbed it in utero. That she flipped onto her stomach is a little rare, but then again, I can put her down in the southwest corner of the crib and silently she'll move over on her side into the northeast side - upside down - so who knows what she really does in there?

When I got her out of her crib today I stood her up against the bars, and she held her arms straight up to be lifted! Yum! And the metapelet says she claps now, although she hasn't yet done that for us.

Yoav is all busy planning his trip. He's going to be in the US for two weeks (so sad!) next month, recruiting for Sharfman's (pardon me as I shep incredible amounts of nachas). We'll miss him, but he'll be making money, I mean, spreading the light of Torah and wisdom... and making money!

I must go to sleep now. If you hear a noise, it's my head exploding with the sinus pressure. Or possibly me hitting myself in the head to open a new aperture for breathing. Either way - I'm zonked.

FormulaWatch: She had it today, will probably have some tomorrow. Sigh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oy,Miriam! Refuah Shelaima.....

Jennifer Bean said...

A new version of Silent Night... this I gotta hear! Hehe.

Yitz/Yaffa said...

Thinking of you as I'm drinking tea for my own throat-ache...refuah shleima.

Debbie said...

oy. it breaks my heart that "recruiting" and "Sharfmans" are in the same sentence. Why isnt R Sharfman going? (that is to say, we all know Rav Druyan is awesome too, but I seem to remember R Sharfman coming himself 2 yrs ago)

Miriam the Mommy said...

Of course RLS is going, just Yoav is going too. RLS will hit the bigger schools, and Yoav is going further afield to get the BEST kind of Sharfman's girls... the ones from far away from NY!! Not to be thinking of yours truly or anything...

bilha said...

First of all, refua shlaima. Second, you are welcome to come for Shabbos while Yoav is away. This way you can come to the shtachim and it doesn't have to cause a shalom bayis issue because he's not there. ;-) But really you are welcome to come and visit and I'm sure SR and MR will play very nicely together. We've got lots of crawling space. Rest up and feel better!