Saturday, November 25, 2006

Shiny happy people

Oh, we had a nice shabbos! Out for dinner (for a un-Thanksgiving turkey dinner that couldn't be beat), here for lunch with girls, and even though pretty much all the food was store-bought (Yoav made the chulent, I baked the cake from a mix), it was so nice to be HOME together, ya know?

The girl was yummy cute in her new clothes too! And she ate CHULENT for the first time!! She slept really, really well afterwards, because hey, that's what you do after you eat chulent!

I am proud to say that I'm just about compulsive-mommy-ed out. From when she was a month old until we went to America this summer, I kept a compulsive Excel sheet of her eatings and sleepings, etc. Since we came back until now, I've kept a compulsive website of eatings, sleepings, etc (although I have NOT used the diaper function or anything - if you want to view my complusivity, please feel free to look at this public version and make fun of me accordingly.

But anyway, I've just about had enough of keeping track of everything. For medicine, it was great, but IY"H we can be done with being sick for awhile!! For solids, when she was just starting with them and I wanted to be very careful of allergies, it was great, but she's eaten a wide variety of things now and she's been fine, bli ayin hara, so I think.. I think it may be time to wean off the compulsive mothering!!

Be proud of me please. By keeping track of her on the computer, I was asserting some level of control over her. By ceasing to do so, I'm realizing I ain't got diddly control over her Highness.

A good week to you all!

5 comments:

Faye Berman said...

hoory for the end of compulsive mothering. I am proud of you Mir.

Anonymous said...

Rebetzin i am so proud of you. i remeber thinking i wonder how long it would last when you started it. but 7 months is a long time, and did i mention lately how beautiful sarah rochel is? also tell the rabbi thanks for speaking at shevach. shavuah tov!-tzipporah rabinowicz

savta said...

Shavua Tov, we are very proud of all of you, Miriam you are a wonderful/perfect mother and S"R/ Pitzkey is a wonderful/pretty daughter and in case you missed it she and the rabbi have already developed the same "picture-face"...
Love and kisses, and see you in a few weeks, Saba and Savta

Norma said...

I'm stopping by as a member of NaBloPoMo. I have 10 blogs, but this is the only one that sees much action, Collecting my thoughts. Keeping writing!

Debbie said...

holy MOLY. I never saw this tracker thing before... you can INVENTORY your PUMPED MILK!!!! what will they think of next. I am torn between thinking this website is totally extreme and compulsive, to wanting to do it myself, to keep track of these things.
wow. just, wow.