Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Baruch dayan emes*

My dearest friend Courtney Lopchinsky is going to be attending the funeral of her father in a little bit. Her daddy was a very sweet and funny and kind person, and he will be very, very missed.

Sometimes... sometimes it's really hard that I'm so far away.

And daily... daily I am grateful for my family, that despite some of them being so far away, that we can still speak together and see each other. May we all have many, many more years together, amen.


*this means "blessed is the true judge," the blessing said upon hearing really awful news

1 comment:

Faye Berman said...

Hamakom yinachem eschem b'soch sha'ar aveilei tzion v'Yerushalayim. When you let me know what times are good, I will b'li neder call. I know when I was sitting shiva it made me better to hear from you. You are a good friend Mir, and that transcends the miles.