Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Antisocial

Yes, we are sinners, and we apologize. Especially since my last blog has kept you all on tenterhooks about my employment situation (here I am assuming ya'll don't just look at the pictures), I am sorry I took so long to write. But I'm at my parents' house, which automatically turns me into an antisocial turnip (as opposed to any other root vegtable). Let's sum up, shall we?

So somehow we managed to pack and get outa town, repleat with the exciting adventure of Renewing My Israeli Passport in the Airport!!! (note - it was a BREEZE, thank God!)

Once on the plane we managed to change seats so my husband and I were even sitting together (imagine!). The girl... well, she slept a lot on the plane (I'm sure that had nothing to do with the antihistamine we gave her, wink wink) but very fitfully, like she just wanted to be in her own cribby, you know? Heck, we wanted her to be in her own cribby too, but alas, she was stuck on our laps or our tray tables. We all made it relatively unscathed (okay, she threw up on me on the plane, but only a little bit) and arrived in Newark. No time for Yoav to take a cab to Elizabeth to buy Dunkin Donuts (probably not chalav yisroel anyway, sigh), get on next plane where we blissfully had an empty seat between us. We all slept on that plane (another dose of antihistamine, anyone?) and arrived in Houston. Hurray!!

We've been having a great time since then, with the toch happily not too jet lagged (the second night here she slept 8 straight hours - she doesn't even do that at home! - followed by another three or so! Yay!). Well, of course last night she went down for a nap at 6 PM, just as her great aunt and second cousins (is that how that works?) came over to visit us and her, and she slept (with some wakings for food) until 7:30 this morning!! I even TRIED to wake her up, took her out of the crib, brought her downstairs, showed her off... nada, eyes not opening. (And we didn't even drug her this time!) Oh well. See, I'm not the only one who's antisocial...

Yoav is currently winging his way to NY (all you BTI alumnae are going to the BTI alum thing he's running in Queens tonight, right? RIGHT?!) and we're following tomorrow. This means I of course won't be at the BTI thing, which is out of character, but hey, I've only been to Target once since I got here, and that's just not enough...

Okay, quick update about work: After Pesach, I am being promoted (joy) to the Customer Service Manager position. Ah, the prestige. Ah, the joy of dealing with customers who are so ticked off they ask to speak to a manager (read: me). Ah, the joy of working from 8:15 AM to 3:45 PM. Grumble grumble. Better than unemployment, right? Right? I am of course a little sick to my stomach in terms of being away from my daughter so much every day, but we's got to pay the bills, ya? Whatever, we'll see how it goes, but that's the update!

This picture is SR and her great grandparents (and me, of course) earlier today. Good yuntiv everyone, if I don't blog again before the holiday!

4 comments:

Shira said...

Finally, we heard from you! Glad to hear you are having a good time out in cowboy land. Are those new Robees I see on those little footsies?

Yitz/Yaffa said...

Chag kasher v'sameach!

Anonymous said...

miriam the shuir was awesome i can wait to see u and the tochter-tzipporah

Faye Berman said...

hi hi!!! U r in the country. Does that mean I merit a phone call.