Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mobile

My child is obsessed with phones, cell phones mostly but she'll take any kind. As Yoav shot days ago, you can see her even operating a moving vehicle while on the phone without a hand's free device. And she the daughter of a cell phone company employee at that!





Today after work we went running around outside in the parking lot and on the sidewalk, with our trusty dusty walker of course. Video to come tomorrow, I hope! She can stand when she's in the mood, has even taken a shaky step or two, but she just isn't interested in walking. Fine with us - the china is safe for a moment or two longer.

Tonight as Sarah Rochel took her bath, she mastered the art of filling and emptying an old bottle with bathwater. Specifically, she mastered emptying over the side of the tub into my lap (and onto my "What To Expect The Toddler Years" - apparently, having bathwater poured all over you is what I shoulda been expecting).

Still just the one tooth, and Toch is still gnawing on fingers and such, but doesn't seem to be in any pain, thank God! She's probably thinking, man, what do I got to DO to get this old piece of cracker out of my mouth already!?

I'll try to blog more tomorrow. In the meantime, enjoy these pictures of the leaky pipe on the side of my building. We're vaad bayit now (gosh, explain THAT one in American English... Hmm, it means we're currently the lucky apartment owners in my side of the building responsible for paying the communal bills (and collecting money from the other residents for the same purpose), making sure things in the building get fixed if necessary, arranging for the guy to come wash the entryway once a week, etc, etc), so this leaky pipe is our responsibility. Problem: the plumber said for some reason our builder used some foreign pipes for our infrastructure, and so the washer this desparately needs isn't available in Israel. Joy. So I'm posting these shots so I can send them to a plumbing supply place online and say... HELP! I don't even know what brand this thing is... W? What's W?


4 comments:

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

My Poochie once put my mom's phone in the toilet and it was a gonner.

Faye Berman said...

Nice to hear from you again. How did y'all get to be Va'ad Bayit? Lucky you? Can't believe how big the toch is getting. A pre-emptive Chag Sameach. Happy cheesecake!!!

Debbie said...

Miriam I must know- Is it Rabbi Druyan who writes the Sharfman's blog??

Miriam the Mommy said...

I never reveal our secrets.