Monday, June 04, 2007

Manic Monday


I am SO tired!

Good news is I got a small part doing an English dub of two roles in a fafrummy women's movie made here (the movie isn't half bad, but isn't gonna win any awards neither). That pays AWFULLY well (like $35 an hour), but only for actual recording time, meaning I'd best record VERY slowly and with lots of retakes...

Work is busy busy busy, and one of my staff is quitting, and we needed to hire someone new anyway (anyone out there wanna work for me? I'm a nice manager, really!), so we're interviewing people (not fun) and juggling what still needs to be done. Too, too busy at work. Think I could ask for $35/hour?

And we're car shopping, or rather, peeling our little eyeballs out of our heads searching online used car classifieds in Hebrew, while looking at car reviews from the UK (mostly the same models as we have here). I may just let the blog decide what car we should buy. The short list...

Another Honda Civic - maybe. We liked it a lot but maintenence is expensive.
Volkswagen Bora or Golf - I need to sit in them and see how roomy they are.
Mazda 6 - the 3 is too small in the backseat, so the 6 might work
Ford Focus - plebian, but very well reviewed
Citroen C5 - unlikely, a bit of step down from the Japanese and German cars
Nissan Almera - this is what we originally had before IT was totalled and we got the Honda. In the running, we'll see...

Right now I'm so tired I don't know my benzines from my diesels, which is a pity since I have two yummy videos to load for you. It'll have to wait, but enjoy the cute pic above of Her Highness up on the mirpeset, stylish hat and water bottle too. She's so delicious, and when I made a bracha before, she said "amey!" Close enough!

Hee hee - the blog, one year ago today! Think she looks the same?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

My vote would be the Honda, Mazda, or one of the Volkswagens. Definitely not the Ford Focus (they're ugly)! Not that the prettiness of a car is most important, but it does help. I don't know much about the Nissan or the Citroen. I could look up stuff on Consumer Reports if you need me to!

Anonymous said...

i know its not on the list but i really like the honda accord... and your gonna be in a movie...details-tzip

Carlye said...

My vote is for the Ford Focus, but that's only 'cause I drive one....and I love my Red Rocket!!

They're roomy...and the hatchback is super cute.

Bilha said...

We have a Mazda 3. What do mean that it's too small in the back seat? When we were looking at cars, about three years ago. We check out the Honda Civic, Mazda 3, and Toyota Carola. We liked the trunk of the Civic (it's huge). We love our Mazda. It's very sporty. I must warn you though that Mazda's are very popular and are the most frequently stolen car. We've had our symbols (is that what they're called-I'm losing my English) stolen about three times. One time someone actually returned it, only for it to be stolen once again. The fact that Mazda's are popular makes them easy to sell later on. We fit two very large evenflo carseats in there and can ocassionally fit a very skinny person in the middle. We've never had a problem with how much room there is. Also, the back seats fold down so you can fit things through the trunk if you need to. This was useful for us when we had to transport our sukkah to our neighbor's house where we store it. Hope this was helpful. If you have any questions you can ask us. As usual we also researched things pretty well so we might be able to answer some of your questions. Good luck deciding.

Debbie said...

get a minivan! get a minivan!

Miriam the Mommy said...

Halevi! Halevi!

Bilha, the 3 is definitely cozier in the back seat than the Civic (like if my daughter's Britax is backwards (which it still is), sitting in front of her I have to scoot much closer to the dash). And it's too sporty, not as comfy as the Civic. Yet, cheaper. Still, we're going for Toyota or Honda, I think.