Monday, June 18, 2007

Running on empty

In the first few days of our (then free) rental of a Hyundai Getz (as my friend DB said, it getz you where you need to go! Barely.) we discovered that the gas tank needle is very accurate, but there's no low fuel idiot light. I'd like to use this blog to publicly thank Hashem that we (the girl and I) were able to cruise on neutral into the gas station, after saying tehillim through a white-knuckled climb up the highway hill with the accelerator occasionally not responding, since we were driving on fumes!!

We keep it more full now. Because, alas, we still have the rental car. Still looking for a bargain, even looking at something new, although today a new car place's staff was SO unhelpful to me (think they didn't take a woman shopping alone as legit?) that I'm tempted to buy anything other than what they were selling. If and when we ever buy anything, I'll let you know...

The girl continues wonderful, and is enjoying immensely seeing so much of her Saba and Savta (they are kinda sorta enjoying it too, to but it mildly). We bought her SANDALS yesterday, except of course she cried when we put them on and wouldn't take a single step in them. The Robeez are still better for her feet until she's really running around, but at least we're ready!

I just wanted to blog, unrelated to Tochterdom, that last night I had a new recipe I invented, Rice Americano. Ingredients: white rice (Uncle Ben's brand woulda been more authentic), Heinz ketchup, Haolam (NY) Parmesan cheese, and Shoprite brand Bacos. Exquisite!

These two pictures are from the blog post I lost. Note the iron moustache. The crying was because we had told her no about standing in the tub, I think, or maybe that she couldn't play with the camera, or maybe it was about the current political situation here, who can tell...


Doesn't she look like Uncle Boaz?

4 comments:

Faye Berman said...

is that DB who used to be M?? Toch is, as usual, adorable.

Miriam the Mommy said...

Sure is! Neh!

Faye Berman said...

Where is she, can I get in contact with her??

Miriam the Mommy said...

She's in Boston, being very frum. Her email is dlantzitsky at maimonides . org