Thursday, July 12, 2007

Be careful what you wish for...

B"H the girl is almost 100% better - heck, I'd give her 99%. A little kvetchier than usual, because I think she's tireder than usual, but she doesn't have as much opportunity for sleep as she needs... whatever. Today at home she was whining (really) for a "bodel, bodel" (bottle)... and Mommy didn't let! I nursed her, she calmed down, we went on.

Of course, tonight just now before bed she nursed and BIT. Like all four teeth BIT. OW!! And I yelped "ow!" (okay, YOU try not yelping!) and moved her away and oy, she cried and cried... for about thirty seconds, then I nursed her some more and put her in her crib, and she turned over and went to sleep. Kaput.

Anyway, back to our title, I always wanted a pond in my backyard, you know?

Well, that's the nice new red boat-shaped kiddy pool we bought the girl ("Mommy, why am I taking a bath outside and I'm still wearing a diaper?"). A while back we had a problem with our dood (water boiler) dripping a teeny bit, which made a scummy puddle on our porch and we were sick of it. It couldn't be fixed, I don't remember why (although I recal my father spending oodles of time with that wierd gasket on a roll stuff trying to fix it), so the plumber rigged a hose so the little drip drip could at least stay off my porch and benefit the grass.

We noticed the grass was doing VERY well with the drip drip lately.

Then we picked up the hose. Hmm... that drip drip is rather like a stream...

So the picture above is the hose in the bucket in the pool after less than two hours. Houston, we have a problem. So the plumber has been called, and my guess is we're in for a large expense. Joy. Rapture. Well, what else is money for?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, to quote my favorite musical, "Money, pardon the expression, is like manure. It's not worth a thing unless it's spread around, encouraging young things to grow." - Dolly Levi

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Glad she is almost better again.