Friday, July 27, 2007

Still sick...

Blegh. Blech. Argh. Ouch. Fever fever fever, throat swollen sore ouchy.

"It'll hurt if I swallow, it'll hurt if I swallow, it'll hurt if I... MOMMY!!!"

Not strep, viral, can't do anything about it. Sent the girl to a local babysitter yesterday for many hours, she wouldn't nap there, brought her home, she wouldn't nap here (!), she was awake ALL DAY with no nap.

Yoav is super wunder Abba who is capable of doing things despite his ickiness, and I am but a mass of germiness and weakness. We cancelled us going out for dinner tonight, we're buying / making food, my throat glands are out to HERE, and kvetch kvetch kvetch.

Yoav just called from the pharmacy that he got some homeopathic viral strep medication. I will mainline it when he gets home.

Good shabbos!

5 comments:

Bilha said...

Miriam, I have the same thing. About a month ago I also felt lots of pain when I swallowed. The night time doc thought it was strept and took a test. I started taking antibiotics but didn't feel any better after 3 or so days. I was also taking Advil for the pain. It was torturous. I tried to rest but it hurt too badly. I went to my doc and he said that it wasn't strept and was viral so I stopped the antibiotics. I got better....or so I thought. About a week and a half ago, I felt the throat pain again. This time I knew what to do. Only eat liquids so it doesn't keep on hurting. This time it was really strept. I'm taking the antibiotics. I didn't take one of the pills because of Tisha B'av and now the pain is starting to come back! I have had enough of this. I must say that the good in all this is the weight I lost because of not being able to eat normal food. I was on a diet of fruit shakes, apple sauce, and yogurt for a few days. Hope you feel better. Some things that helped: take a heating pad and put it on your neck when you sleep or heat up your pillow with it; drink hot tea, eat ice cream ;-) (gotta love that one-especially in this heat);gargle (sp?) with salt water. Good luck and refua shlayma.

rebekita31 said...

oyyyy....feel better Mir!!! Have a great shabbos...Shabbos Hi MiLisog.....

Rebecca

Yitz/Yaffa said...

Refua Sheleima. We'd like to have you for a shabbos meal when everyone's all better. I'll try to be in touch. FEEL BETTER.

Anonymous said...

hi. hope you feel better.
love, mom and michelle

Miriam the Mommy said...

I feel so loved!!

B, girl, have you checked your mezuzas? Gevalt, that sounds totally horrible. If it happens again, call me for the name of this homeopathic stuff we're using - so kdai. FEEL GOOD!