Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tochter on safari


So Yoav calls me this week at work, after picking up my daughter from the babysitter (which one? I lose track. I don't even know the lady's first name, but at least she was highly recommended!), to tell me that my daughter is bringing home the 'project' they made, namely binoculars. And I wonder why, sitting at work, my eyes teared up. She made a project!! And... I'm not there.

Okay, to be fair, I sincerely doubt she made much of that project herself, although she does pick them up and look through them with a charming "kookoo!" (apparently, 'kookoo' is hebrew for 'peek-a-boo'). And her metapelet is off for two weeks, so it was rather inevitable that she would have some Random Babysitter time. And fortuntely, Savta is here (yay!) and she and the babe totally adore each other, so it's really not that bad.

Okay, work is that bad. It's just busy busy and it never stops, you're never 'done' with your work, and I realized I get very tired of everyone asking me questions all day. It's my job - my underlings and the customers are supposed to ask me questions. But I'm tired of it! Sigh. Couple more weeks, and then I relax... with my Rosh Hashana bonus!! :)

Anyway.. so above is my girl with a Neigh, an Oin and her binoculars. And here she is with a neighbor's little stroller. I am so amazed by what my daughter picks up - when we were walking down the street with the little stroller, she kept going over to steps (up to different buildings) and tried so hard to 'bump' the stroller up the stairs! Never mind that she can't walk up stairs without holding on, never mind that the toy stroller wheelbase is only meant for bumping up toy stairs. But so cute! And then the other day, I was singing her "Torah Tziva Lanu Moshe," and she runs out of the room and comes back a minute later with her stuffed toy Torah! And yesterday, Yoav was doing laundry, and he asked her, "Sarah Rochel, can you get the laundry basket and bring it to Abba?" He says she kind of wrinkled her forehead for a second, then trotted off... and brought him back the laundry basket!!

If the floor is wet and you give her a rag or whatever, she also knows how to wipe the floor. All this, and a year ago I was blogging...
"She is getting so BIG! This morning (at 4 AM) when she was crying, I noticed her cry has moved out of the adorable-miniature-newborn-cute cry, into the I-figured-out-how-to-use-my-lungs-so-move-it-and-feed-me cry. And her legs are getting so plump that the leg holes of one of her tushy covers were tight. Imagine."

4 comments:

Faye Berman said...

Wow she is growing up. She seems to be such a smart cookie too. Hope you have a restful Shabbos!

Shira said...

The princess is getting so big.....Don't worry oh helige boss of mine, i'll be back soon!

nechama gorf said...

there has not been a blog update in a long time. nobody knows yet that she knows how to high 5.

brenda said...

wait till she makes her first pushke...or mezuzah...that'll be a real tear jerker. My son made a kippah which he LOVES to wear, so it could be a good thing!