Friday, December 28, 2007

765.84

This blog post has nothing to do with Sarah Rochel, except in the way that EVERYTHING has EVERYTHING to do with Sarah Rochel - certainly in my life, and why not in yours too?

It's 1:40 AM, and I have just finished unpacking groceries. The receipt is here next to me on the table, and I'm so staggered by the total that I feel the need to share it with all of you. So, categorized as follows...

Disposable goods: enough to last for about 2-3 weeks, including diapers and paper towels: 160.83

Produce: enough to last for one week: 72.32

Dairy: enough to last for the next 4 days, except for milk: 58.42

Baking supplies: 27.36

Prepared food: (canned stuff, wine, chocolate, crackers, chumus, etc), enough for about a week: 190.89

Dead animals: (includes canned tuna), enough for a week: 230.57

Misc tiny other: 25.94

So total is still 765.84 NIS. Well, 766.33. So I missed a decimal or two - whatever!

I'm exhausted now, and doesn't know what this proves, but golly, I'll think about at an hour that doesn't begin with a 'two'.

If you wanna see the entire breakdown (sorry, I didn't list produce weights), you can look at this. Oh, eyes many much closing now...

5 comments:

nechama gorfinkel said...

don't make me nervous about kollel life. i was actually getting tips just yesterday from one of the afikei teachers on how to make very cheap meals that go a long way (your husband was there for part of it) and you can learn too! have you ever tried lentil patties??????????

rebekita31 said...

dear dear dear you NEED to stat importing diapers! they are constantly on sale in either CVS or shoprite. plus I had a $2 off coupon. I spent $5.99 on a whole package!! we definitely stocked up!!!

Faye said...

Wow that is a lot of shekels! I guess it could be incentive to start potty training, less diapers that way! Have a good Shabbos!

NECHAMA GORF said...

Good luck tonight! break a leg!

tzipporah r said...

in america your bill would be $700 so i guess theres something to be fortunate of...good luck in the play!