Friday, March 07, 2008

Coming attractions

Now that my brother has gone (love ya Micah, but sharing a computer definitely cut down on blogging time), I have many many pictures and such to share with you (including cutenesses such as "car sit truck" when we saw a car carrier on the highway, not to mention my daughter's latest trick of asking for "fy minutes" (or occasionally, "two minutes") holding up her open hand to show me OF COURSE she's going to do what I asked her to... later). But, exhaustion, etc.

So here's Uncle Micah and the girl in the park the other day (she made until Micah "come in" to the little square formed by the benches).



As for this latest pigua in J-town, opening fire in a yeshiva, the terrorist being killed then by a kollel guy... Just totally, utterly nuts. And all I can think of are the mothers, who never would have thought their sons were in any danger in a yeshiva in the middle of Yerushalaim...

3 comments:

brenda said...

So Mir, I can't even imagine what kind of shock waves are going through the religious (israeli and otherwise) world over such a pigua. What a tragedy! Already there have been special tefilot services here in H-town at MM and I'm sure in other places- and it's just unimaginable. I can't phyiscally picture the area of J-town in my head, but Eran assures me that it is not far from where he was a sadran for the "Charedi" swimming pool/gym where he met the Rav HaGadol who married us. I just hope R'Druyan was NOWHERE near there this evening to even need to lend his MADA skills to the frey.

brenda said...

And it didn't make the international news wires or headlines that the terrorist was killed by a kollel guy - they always leave out the littlest details to make the scandal seem even bigger. Who would've thought it - schools are supposed to be safe havens - we even teach kids here that even the roughest inner-city schools in the toughest neighborhoods with the worst gang violence are supposed to be safe havens to send your kids. And even more so yeshivot where such intentsive Torah learning is taking place. It's a humdinger for sure!

Faye said...

I am sad to say that I did not even learn of the pigua until about 10 last night, and it was from a friend who knows one of the niftar. Such an awful thing. Hashem yirachem. What is the feeling there?