Thursday, November 27, 2008

The last coupla weeks

Saba and Savta left a week ago almost, and my parents left tonight. :( That's it - we've been soloing as Parents of Two for almost two full hours now... and they are both in their respective crib-like devices, hopefully to remain there for some time. So I have a moment to recap some of the happenings of the past couple weeks.

As an aside - Shulamis (current nickname of choice: Shulama-llama, thanks to the influence of the Llama-Llama books) turned 4 weeks old today. BOY (girl?) was this a speedy 4 weeks!!

Food: I love love love love my neighborhood and friends, because for about two solid weeks, shabbos included, other people made us all dinner. I had no concept of how much the relief of the burden of What's For Dinner would make a difference, but suffice to say it was really, really amazing. Even though I had family here the whole time, and so SOMEONE else would have undoubtedly been the one microwaving the parve shnitzel or whatever... the fact that no one else had to think about it either made a huge difference. Somehow we ended up on going to the grocery store almost every day anyway though... but that's because of item two...

I have no brain. None. Zippo, zilch. Much worse than PregnancyBrain. Much worse than post-Sarah-Rochel's-birth. No brain. Okay, I think it's getting better a little, but sake's alive, has it been patchy. Which is why I'm glad I have an...

Itzbeen - the anti-spreadsheet. As you may recall (and may search the archives of the blog for, if you like), with Sarah Rochel I kept compulsive spreadsheets of her activities, sleeping, eating, whatever... in half hour increments. Thanks to Cousin Jennifer, this time I got an Itzbeen, so I can compulsively tell you it's been two hours and twelve minutes since the baby ate (although it's much more likely to have only been an hour, so WHY is she hungry again, when I have read eight skabillion books on not feeding too often and not mistaking all cries for hunger cries, etc, etc?). Ah, the joys of information! Not that it does me much good, but I have the illusion of being in control.

Fun stuff: Sarah Rochel got lots of outings with various grandparents, to the zoo (on the train!) and all over Yerushalaim and to big parks and little parks and so on. Lots of new toys, a new tricycle, new books, new clothes...

Oops, and a new baby sister who just woke up. Hmm. No wonder my early blog posts were very brief! More later... I hope...

1 comment:

Faye said...

so I just went though the old blog posts to look at pics of SR the Elder as a baby, and wow do they look alike!!