Monday, February 23, 2009

BMA #3,782b

Since gan is literally next door and tzharaon is three buildings down, basically, I admit I have been tempted (and occasionally succumbed) to leaving a sleeping baby at home whilst I ferry Sroch to one or back from the other.

Today I did so my calling the house phone from my cell, putting the house phone on 'speaker' right next to the crib, putting my cell phone on 'mute' - and walking out, listening all the while.

Okay, I did it twice.

This morning, no problem, baby slept, all was well.

This afternoon, baby woke up moments after I left. But just a little cry, a little chirp. I hustled to pick up Sarah Rochel, and by the time we were on our way back - she was crying for real.

Because I'm brilliant, I take the phone OFF of mute and start going - Shh, shh, shh. See, the phone is on SPEAKER, so she can hear me! And then I give the phone to Sarah Rochel:

"Hello, baby? Baby? Baby, you must go to sleep! Go to sleep baby! Shush shush! Goodbye!"

It was rather cute.

Also rather cute is what she does now when she wakes up in the middle of the night, or in the morning. Lately the Llama wakes up and talks to herself a little in the crib, thunks (ala early Sarah Rochel - can you tell I've been reading old blog posts lately?), sometimes falls back asleep, sometimes decides she's hungry.

So tonight she wakes up and I hear her a little. She passed out exhausted without nursing well before she fell asleep, so I don't mind going in even though she's really not asking for me yet. It's dark in there though, so I can't make out her features so well as I lean over the crib... But I cannot help but see her total body aerobics as she sees that SOMEone came to play with her! Wiggle wiggle wiggle of joy! It's a MOMMY! And she comes with MILK! Yippee!

I think she forgives me for parenting her over the phone.


Talking to Bubbie on the computer - Bubbie actually got to see a LIVE roll over demonstration.

1 comment:

Yaffa/Yitz said...

So cute! I'm sure Bubbie loved the demonstration, but as my MIL always says, "I can't hug the computer!"