Friday, March 20, 2009

Good news and bad news

Good news:
Sarah Rochel's gan birthday party was today! Delicious! We got great pictures!
Bad news:
The camera won't turn on now. JUST when I was worried about not spending enough money on our trip to America, now I might need to get a new camera! I mean, my lowly 4.0 MP one is getting a little dated, I guess... and picture quality has indeed been deteriorating of late, as has focusing... and a couple settings won't work any more at all... But still! Recommendations, anyone?

Good news:
Shabbos is ready! All the cooking is done (I prepped it all last night, today was just rotating things on the oven / stove), the Perrys are coming and they even have their beds made, with clean sheets no less!, and ..

Bad news:
I fell asleep in the middle of that sentence, and have no idea what else I was going to say. Also, Yoav is in Lublin for shabbos, eating at the yeshiva (which is mightly cool). We miss him!

Good news:
I made yummy decorated cookies for SR1's party! (hurray!)

Bad news:
I made yummy decorated cookies for SR1's party! (burp)

Good news:
Today when I said 'hello!' to the Llama, she said back, "eh-auw" - perfectly enunciated!

Bad news:
You mean one day I'm going to have to verbally battle wits with BOTH of them? HELP!

Sarah Rochel got a book of drawings from the other kids in gan as part of her birthday celebration. Morah Shoshana always makes it in the shape of a heart, but Sroch insisted HERS be in a 'square.' Morah Shoshana suspects it was because then the drawing has more surface area, but who knows? Sroch also requested a black balloon, but none were available.

Her actual birthday (Hebrew) is this upcoming Tuesday. Yoav comes home at the crack of dawn that day. And then Thursday morning we fly to the land of steak and money, Americhka!





The birthday girl gets to wear a crown and got a present of a VERY FANCY necklace and bracelet. She also gives out the cookies to everyone (notice how they are, in theory, SR heads?) and everyone picks her up and dances around her and sings "Siman tov umazel tov" and "Happy Birthday" and "How Old Are You Now?" and SR1 informs me that her friend Chaya sings "Hayom Yom Huledet", "but in our gan we don't."

Go on, say it with me: "Oh."

3 comments:

babybean said...

So when exactly will you be in Houston? Cause I'm guessing you'll be visiting New York on this trip as well. Brent works next weekend, so I hope it's not then! Happy Birthday to SR1!

Yaffa/Yitz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yaffa/Yitz said...

Happy birthday to our 28 Adar babies! Can you believe your bundle of joy is 3 years old?!! Have a safe and lovely trip, if I don't see you before you leave. Eat some steak for the poor steak-starved souls here.