Wednesday, April 29, 2009

At long last, the Paschal post!... part one

Gosh, where to begin? I'll try to review in order...

1. Yoav came home from Poland, and my children started behaving more betterer almost immediately. We refuse to take any conclusions from that except for being happy he's around.

2. It's now 11:47 PM, and Llama is thumping away in her cribby, after I nursed her about twenty minutes ago. But I digress.

3. The flight to NY was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. Both kids were really good, both napped (but not enough, so there Mr. Pharmacist with your "Oh yeah, three drops of this homeopathic stuff will put them to sleep" line!). I had not realized (duh) how intense it would be. Like there's no downtime, you know? No play dates. No friends' houses. When I left Yoav with the girlies and snuck off to the lavatory, I wanted to stay there. I easily could have napped, which is actually what I suspect was happening in one of the two lav's on board with a changing table, which was locked almost the whole flight. But anyway...

4. Got to NY - whew! We spent a lovely few days with Saba and Savta and Uncle Boaz. Sarah Rochel the Wise chose to knock on her grandparents' door at 4 AM when awakening with jet lag, where she received a much warmer welcome than we would have given her. In a few days, both girls adjusted, B"H! Of course, to do that, Shulamis kinda moved into my bed for half the night every night, a bad habit I didn't mean to allow, but oops! Still paying for it now.

5. Literally still paying for it, as I hear her start to fuss some more. Shoot, back in a bit...

No comments: