Sunday, May 10, 2009

Llama and food

Trying to think of what song should be playing in my head as I write this post. Hmm - there are so many to choose from. There's the classic "Oh Llama, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Llama!", the always-popular "Love my Llama, love love my Llama" (that's to 'Help Me Rhonda'), the eternal message of the insidious Llama Song, and my personal favorite from my childhood, "Me and My Llama"

The body of llama-oriented artistry out there is truly striking. But I digress.

As my devoted readers may recall, feeding Sarah Rochel was always an Issue, whether it was all the lactation consultants and therapists and such we saw when she was a baby (or the doctors because what she ate wasn't, ahem, coming out the other side), or pumping and attendant FormulaGuilt, or getting her to consume actual nutritious baby food or indeed, anything at all. It's still occasionally an Issue, but with her, on the whole, we're over it.

Shulamis has seen fewer lactation consultants, fewer therapists (although she did go to the chiropractor last week because I thought her back was hurting her - more on that another time), and bli ayin hara is now 6 1/2 months old and has never had EvilDemonFormula (I know, I know, I'm just being silly, calm down!). But now for some reason pumping for her isn't going as well as I'd like, and so that combined with her being old enough led us to start her on solids already!

So far, she's had rice/quinoa cereal, applesauce, carrots, broccoli, peas and chicken with grape juice (it was interesting, but it worked!) (if you think of it as underage Coq au Vin, it's a little more appetizing). She's really doing pretty well with it, which is good, because she gets hungry at the metapelet's, and I just ain't getting the milk. Sigh.

I am trying to hold off on giving her formula for reasons that were clear to me before but I tend to forget as I pump and pump and pump. So she may get formula soon. And I've told Yoav that next shabbos he can give her chulent, so HE'S all excited.

Anyway, yummy (har har) food pictures right here! Enjoy!


Her very first bite!
Naturally Sroch wanted to feed her too.
Even foods we liked got a bit of a face.
Like, WHY are you putting this slimy stuff in my mouth and WHAT do you expect me to do with it!?
But in the end, she was all smiles.

Not surprisingly, Sarah Rochel wanted her own bowl of rice cereal. She got way more sugar, especially since Llama got none.
Broccoli!
Family dinner at the Druyans. Sarah Rochel actually ate all that fish, yay! Albeit, with her fingers. Note our technique of giving Llama one spoon to hold, and using one spoon to, er, spoon. So much fun!


So who knows how to get baby food carrots out of pink clothes? ;)

.

1 comment:

Yedida said...

Good to know i am not the only one who makes up songs for her kids...Neima has - Neimale,neimale (to the lion sleeps), which she loves and Shlomo Leib sings to her...


I love the eating pics, like you said - YUM!!