Monday, October 05, 2009

Mid-sukkos...

Hope all our loyal readers out there are doing well (you, you, you, and yes, you over there).

We regret to inform you of the petirah of my girls' Alter-Bubbie Druyan, Yoav's grandmother. Baruch Dayan Emes. Yoav went to America for the funeral, of course (shiva doesn't begin until after yuntiv) and so it's just us girls here in Israel. We're saddened of course and wish we could all be together for the rest of the holiday, but I'm really glad Yoav was able to go and be with his family at this time.

While my girls didn't know her at all (although Sarah Rochel did meet her, unfortunately we don't know if she was aware of the meeting), we know her memory will be a blessing.

Yoav left last night, the funeral is happening at this moment I believe, and thank God, the girls and I are well.

I took these videos of them in the sukkah today, mostly to give Yoav some virtual time in the beautiful sukkah he built for us. Pardon Sroch's attire - she insisted on having breakfast in her little prom dress over there. You can see Yoav's arba minim set on the table too - alas, the US Department of Agriculture frowns on importing palm branches, myrtle and willow leaves, to say nothing of the citron. So at least I have a really nice set!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great videos - how about one of the (hanukah) lights at night ?

an adoring fan

Miriam the Mommy said...

Adoring fan, I knowest thou by thine punctuation!

And I'll see what I can do...