Thursday, September 16, 2010

Low and high holidays

None of you mentioned that we had our 11th anniversary recently!

Thanks a lot. What, you just come here for the kids?

Oh. Right. You do.

Anyway, we had a lovely evening of chinese takeout and frisbee on the Rechovot beach, thoughtfully lit by a full moon (impossible to photograph by my camera). Fun fun!



Why is it that I'm 32 years old and still feel like I'm being sneaky and defiant when I have a beer? Discuss.


And then of course, we had our Rosh Hashana. It was really lovely (we had Cheryl and her husband, yay!) and it was managable, since we ate out two meals and I used my crock pot and freezer freely. According to the calendar we have more three-day-yuntivs in store, which means I really need to buy another freezer. But since Sroch worked out that to have room for it, she'd have to keep it in her bed - we may have to find another solution.

First picture is Sroch basting the challahs I made. Then before yuntiv, the girls were splendidly uncooperative in posing in their holiday finery, so here's the best I got.





Shana tova to all of you, and gmar chasima tova for Yom Kippur this shabbos. Go take a drink now in anticipation. Glub, glub.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love that the ketchup (sp?) is never far from hand :)