Monday, February 14, 2011

Heart

Last night I was in a show (partially written by me, lots of fun except for beyond absurd technical difficulties, but anyway), and so tonight at bedtime Sroch wanted me to 'tell' her the show. So I sang her like three songs from it and told her part of my lines, and then said I'd sing her one more song.

That song was "Ima Tagidi Li," a wonderfully emotional sweet song about a child asking her mother what her mother is praying for, and the mother answering with the words from the after candle-lighting prayer, which I said even before I was blessed with these girlies.

So I start singing the chorus, and... Sarah Rochel chimes in singing with me!

"Sroch," I exclaim, "how on earth do you know that song?!" (it's very American, despite being in Hebrew, and I don't know where she could have learned it)

"I don't know," she says, "but I heard it and I saved it in my heart for you, so I could learn it by heart."

Oh. Oh, my heart.

.

1 comment:

rugby said...

I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry... forget it. I cry when I hear that song and Sroch has just about made it that much better!

See you soon, Iy''h!