Friday, October 19, 2012

Llama's birthday, or "The End of All Tzeitzi"

Well, she's 4.

What is UP with that?

Seriously!

Okay, back to normative blogging style (and yes, that was an oxymoron).

So we've been saying for MONTHS that, when she's four, then all sorts of things will happen - no more pacifier, no more diapers at night, world peace, no more bugs on strawberries, etc.

Well, strawberries and world peace aside... we're on our way!

Her birthday party was a combined birthday / bye bye tzeitzi party. We played tzeitzi games and ate cake and krembo and candy. It was an expensive party by our block's standards, since the snacks cost all of 35 NIS (under $10) AND we had a 99 cent tablecloth from Target. Which yes, we cleaned off, folded up and saved.... What?

We had a Mimmy and Simmy cake... again. Llama requested it... again. Oh well. Thank God Talya-the-kallah (yay!) made it for us, because I was busy having a cold. Cold = inability to do anything productive. 






As a present, we bought her a great big incredibly soft and squishy turtle. Turtle is 'tzav' in Hebrew; I am trying to get Llama just to name the turtle 'Tzetzi the Tzav.' It's almost catching on. My reason was this: Llama is a cuddler. She's a snuggler. She would often say, of late, "I just need to go cuddle with my bed and my tzeitzi for a few minutes and then I'll go play." Like she likes her cuddle time. So I wanted to get her another cuddle prop besides the shnastified ancient latex suckers.

SO FAR - last night and tonight, bedtime was FINE. She is cuddling with the turtle a lot, occasionally pops her thumb in her mouth but really... she's alright. Also - by her own initiative - she switched to Pull-Ups for the last two nights with their 'stay dry so the flowers don't disappear' feedback system... and she's been dry the last two nights! 

Recall her toilet training, that once SHE decided it was time, she just kinda made it happen? Yeah. Well Houston (and, Plainview), we seem to have a chazakah. Bli ayin hara!!!


... PS #1 - yes, I just totally jinxed all that by blogging. Sigh.

.... PS #2 - once Llama threw the pacifiers in the garbage, I snuck them out and cut them with scissors, so there was No Turning Back. I felt HORRIBLE. Who am I to destroy her things like that?? And a tiny bit of my misguided frugality in me was like, "hey, one of those didn't have any holes yet. I should have kept it for some other child out there."

But seriously, I felt like I was forcing a crack fiend to go cold turkey. It was very odd.

1 comment:

babybean said...

Love it :-) Thanks for all the pics. I need to update pics myself. Stupid facebook gets them all, lol.