Monday, October 29, 2012

Well, I voted

(image lifted via Google from mallardofdiscontent.blogspot.com, which I never read and could be full of puppy-beating and candycorn-razor instructions for all I know. Ah, the internet. )


As the song goes, I am proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free to vote for the gentleman (or occasionally gentlewoman) I think will represent my interests best without getting me or him/herself killed, expelled, violated or impoverished.

Sigh.

We've got an election coming up here in Israel too, but for some reason that seems simpler. The American candidates are, in many ways, unknown to me. But here in Israel? Nah, we're all family. Sure, one candidate might be a sprout off the family tree you might not mind pruning - gently - but we're all together.

America is just too big.

Texas should secede again.

I'm so glad we've had this informative political moment.

My name is Miriam the Mommy, and I'm sleeping through this message.




No comments: